You can type here any text you want

A day at the Track

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Audie1

Hooah!
Working with a new combo. Could not figure out why I'm not making the power that I should be. Just found out that I have been using plugs that fit the iron headed TR's in my GN1 heads! Don't I feel dumb. They were in the car 6 years ago when I bought my current GN, I never knew any better and always replaced them with the same type. :redface: Anywho I'm off to buy the correct length plugs (Autolite 103's instead of the shorter CR42TS plugs)
Best runs on this vid were 7.4 @ 97.5 with a lack luster 60' of 1.7. I was at 25# of Boost spraying Alky....................God I hope these new plugs perform a miracle.

A Day at the Track- Video

Data logs

Did you record any of the runs so we can see what's going on? If so, post up.

Props to the camera woman! My camera people make viewers dizzy! Power logger files??

Props to the camera woman! My camera people make viewers dizzy! Power logger files??

She says thank you.................No files. Just a scan master and EGT Meter and an audible knock detector. My wife says I need one of them lap tops............so I'll be getting a well needed data system of some sort. Gotta love her. :smile: Changed the plugs over to the correct length type, could not believe how much shorter CR42TS plugs were to the Autolite 103's. Car runs better, but there was too much traffic on the road to see how much of a difference it made. I'm sure it will run much better........probably get better gas milage as well...........But yes I do need some type of a system to monitor my runs, something besides what I have.

Nice runs and really cool video!
direct scan is cheap and can data log, fast bank to banks are cheap too just not as cheap, then you have xfi and big stuff expensive
*DS is the best bang for buck, the higher up you go you just get more features. I personally didn't have any luck with a chip and a translator.

Audie, using the TCI calculator, the 7.4 you ran in the 1/8th equates to an 11.6 in the 1/4. :smile:

Nice runs and really cool video!
direct scan is cheap and can data log, fast bank to banks are cheap too just not as cheap, then you have xfi and big stuff expensive
*DS is the best bang for buck, the higher up you go you just get more features. I personally didn't have any luck with a chip and a translator.

Thanks...........My wifey done pretty good holding the camcorder, I told her just to lean against something to get the shaking to stop. :smile:

Back