a die cast question

loki993

Im sure there are some of you on here that collect die cast cars. I have a bit of a collection that will eventually grow quite large I hope. I have been collecting for probally 7 years now. I do have one question. when looking at some cars some are called chase cars, what are these. I have never been able to figure this out. also is there somewhere I can go that may have a list of all the terms used for these cars, there are other ones out there as well, cant remember exactly what they were, that I cant figure out. a lot are used with the nascar diecast especially. I wouldnt mind a few nascar models, but it seems the most popular scale for nascar is 1:24 and I collect almost exclusivly 1:18, I know there are a few 1:18 nascar cars out there but they are generally pricy. Definitly into all the muscle cars. thanks.

I do alot of Nascar diecast collecting (buying,selling on ebay) & even sometimes trading & I can tell you the Nascar "Chase cars" are usually a chrome version of the regular painted release, but are alot rarer. For example...In 2002 Racing Champions had a line they called the Racing Champions Authentics. They made 999 Regular painted Jimmie Johnson 1/24 Lowes cars, but made only 199 of the chrome version.

Hope this helps, THe Darkside