You can type here any text you want

A/F ratio vs timing/boost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V6POWER

If I set my WOT afr to 11.0, for example, and I run 20* boost and 20/19 timing will the afr stay at 11.0 if I increase boost to 25* and timing to 23/21?

Generally speaking

More boost and more timing need more fuel. Unless you are using afr tracking, afr's will lean out. Add more fuel before timing and boost.

I have played around with TP enough to know that it is logging but that is it. I would like to figure out how to determine how much fuel to add/remove, based on TP data, in order to get a flat line afr. :confused:

I have played around with TP enough to know that it is logging but that is it. I would like to figure out how to determine how much fuel to add/remove, based on TP data, in order to get a flat line afr. :confused:

Jim

i'm not sure your ever really gonna get a flat line with the o2 sensor doing the correcting for you.

The reason i say this is the system has to seeing the A/F ratio vary from rich to lean to make adjust so it will oscilate around that a/f ratio.

I'm not real sure on the tuner pro setup.but thats how the FAST system does it when it's in closed loop fuel control.

Does the tuner pro give you a correction # based on how much fuel it has added or subtracted to stay at your target A/F ratio.

if it does you could use that info to help you decided where you need to take fuel out or add. but if it staying around 3-5 % corection you should be great.

BTW Jim when can i come down and get to meet mr clark sometime. i know you and him are good friends.

Patrick,

I have an LC-1 wb connected to my Power Logger to record afr and the Gen II to make corrections. I have not really learned the Tuner Pro so I can't answer your question re: add/sub fuel, but I think it does do that. That is what I need to determine and then learn how to read the correction factor so I can program that into Gen II to get a more consistent afr. :)

I was at Richard's last night and will probably be there this weekend. He is at the garage almost every evening and weekend so let me know when you want to come to Burlington.

In the graph page of tuner pro, right click on one of the graphs. Select closed loop correction. This is the same as the cf (correction factor) in the Gen II sensor monitor page. You can change the other graphs to what ever you desire as well. Here you can pin point at what rpm afrs are and how much closed loop correction is being made. The graph also show a #%.
Go to high tune page and add or subtract that % at the target rpm.

Thanks Rick. :biggrin:

Now I have some questions re: TP:
--How do I save/replay a file? I can find the file I saved when I go to Open File but I can't seem to play the one I saved.
--The screen displays at the bottom of the page are really small in height. Is there a way to make them full screen, or at least larger than about 1.5" tall. In Dash mode the six screens are about cut in half, left to right, and it is hard to read the data because I can just read the top half of the data.

Thanks again for the help.

Patrick,

I have an LC-1 wb connected to my Power Logger to record afr and the Gen II to make corrections. I have not really learned the Tuner Pro so I can't answer your question re: add/sub fuel, but I think it does do that. That is what I need to determine and then learn how to read the correction factor so I can program that into Gen II to get a more consistent afr. :)

I was at Richard's last night and will probably be there this weekend. He is at the garage almost every evening and weekend so let me know when you want to come to Burlington.

Jim can you message me your # i would like to come by maybe this evening if thats a good time for you. also could take a look at your data logs. i'm curious on how the tuner pro works.

How do I save/replay a file? I can find the file I saved when I go to Open File but I can't seem to play the one I saved

Click on tools then aldl/data logging then set up. Hit the select file for record/play, find your recording where you stored it and open it up. Below that window is another pull down window with the sessions. Select a session and hit play.

--The screen displays at the bottom of the page are really small in height. Is there a way to make them full screen, or at least larger than about 1.5" tall. In Dash mode the six screens are about cut in half, left to right, and it is hard to read the data because I can just read the top half of the data.

Put the mouse cursor right at the top of the window. Left click and hold while dragging the window up.

Back