You can type here any text you want

a few questions for Eric.(Turbotweak)

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbo grey

I have a question for u Eric,that im hoping u can answer.I have ur street chip for 83#ers,and im 100%pleased. My current state of tune is 19*timing,wot fuel +10%,25psi boost ,50psi line off f/p,on 94 octane.The car rocks,with perfect O2s,and 0 knock.

The question i have for u is,Can i raise timing to 23.5* pour in some 116 race fuel,and up the boost a bit more(27-28#),and use this as my race trim set up,or do I need to get a race chip?

I have not been to the track with my current combo,but i feel in its current street trim im in the 116 mph trap speed.
(i pull a car and a half lead on a friend car with a 116 trap speed,from a roll in second.)

You will be able to go a little leaner with the race fuel, so you might get another couple psi of boost out of it. I'm surprised you're getting that much boost already on 94 octane without knock. Is your knock sensor working?:D.
The optimum would be to use a race chip set up for 116. But you can raise the timing and boost when you get the 116 in there and see how it goes. Go slow and creep up the timing and boost to find the limit.

Regards,
Eric

Back