A little help please

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
I just bought this 86 T Type ( Will post pics later ) But does this pic look right ? Does that little filter go on the end that doesn't have any thing connected to it ? Thanks Keith
IMG_1023.jpg

You mean the little filter that disappears the first time you clean the engine bay at the carwash?

Do you know what that unused vacuum port is for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, the little filter goes on the nipple that has no hose connected to it. Was it still there, really?!!!!

I saw one on my '86 when I bought it new. After the first oil change was done by the dealer (I got the first 2 free in the purchase deal) it was gone, gone, gone. Dealer said "What filter?" and showed me 3 new "sold" GN's without one. :D I'm thinking the detailers wiped it off the nipple during the "Clean For Delivery" phase of the sale.

I'll bet TurboBuRick can tell us why that nipple is there and why it has a filter on it. :cool:

Last edited:
that port is what the computer opens and closes to pass air to control the turbo boost. It is just about the most important "port" underneath your hood. I have had owners come to me with blown head gaskets and guess what ? someone replaced the filter with a rubber block off plug--yikes! I have also seen them connected to numerous other places under the hood. i think the "filter" was a poor attempt to keep bugs, dirt etc from clogging up the port

The replacements that Kirban's offers has some black stick-em putty to help hold the filter in place.

that port is what the computer opens and closes to pass air to control the turbo boost. It is just about the most important "port" underneath your hood. I have had owners come to me with blown head gaskets and guess what ? someone replaced the filter with a rubber block off plug--yikes! I have also seen them connected to numerous other places under the hood. i think the "filter" was a poor attempt to keep bugs, dirt etc from clogging up the port

If you do not know whom you are getting an answer from above, I can only say, stop she searching.

Richard Clark, RJC Garage, if you are in his area, East Coast Buick guys, listen to him and/or do not m listens to him.

Your car is in your hands.

He's a bad ass.

You bought another Buick?

Haven't you only owned your first Buick for a few years? And now you go ahead and buy ANOTHER one?

Oh boy. What has happened to you my friend? You have been sucked into and now trapped in this life altering downward financial spiral of Buick enthusiasm.

Let us pray.

If they added a clamp or tie wrap to retain it would have been a worthwhile "expense" haha

There is more than one case where a spider makes a web in an important passageway somewhere in a car and turns on the check engine light.
I also have one that clogs the side burner of my gas grill serveral times a season.
Burner lights but flame is weak and smokey. Pull the burner and blow it out with shop air and out pops the web, lol.

You bought another Buick?

Haven't you only owned your first Buick for a few years? And now you go ahead and buy ANOTHER one?

Oh boy. What has happened to you my friend? You have been sucked into and now trapped in this life altering downward financial spiral of Buick enthusiasm.

Let us pray.
Well yes . I have only owned my first TR only 3 years , It has all the bolt on's as you can see in my sig and has 74k miles . The one I just bought has just turned 104k miles and is bone stock and have all plans for her to stay that way . Maybe a fuel pump , hot wire , afpr and a chip from Jason and that's it .

Well yes . I have only owned my first TR only 3 years , It has all the bolt on's as you can see in my sig and has 74k miles . The one I just bought has just turned 104k miles and is bone stock and have all plans for her to stay that way . Maybe a fuel pump , hot wire , afpr and a chip from Jason and that's it .

All stock ?

Yeah right. ;):)

As far as I can tell , all stock . I haven't pulled the ECM to check on the chip . Cat converter is still in place also
No. I didn't mean that the new car wasn't all stock. This part I believe.

It's that you plan to leave it all stock that I'm having a little problem grasping. :)