You can type here any text you want

A look at 17 of the biggest snakes ever discovered.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
http://animalmozo.com/2016/05/03/17...yahoo&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=snake3

I'm not a fan of snakes especially when they are huge like those are. :eek:
I happen to be a bit of a reptile enthusiast myself. I have owned many since I was a child. Today, I have a small 5' long Honduran Milk Snake that I purchased as an educational exotic pet exercise for my 16 year old step daughter. We bought him when she was 12. But long ago, things were different...................

I am the only person who most people will ever personally know who nearly died by being in the coils of a 12'-6" Rticulated Python. This is the longest growing snake on earth. This was my pet 25 years ago. And it was only 3 1/2 years old!

It was MY complete mistake that I was handling the snake without assistance. His body was being supported by my shoulders. Something triggered a fear response in the snakes programming (they don't think, they don't love, they don't hate, they are pre-programmed marvelous machines for living, and only respond to situations. They can't be hated for doing what they do.) He began to flex some muscle in order to maintain his position. I didn't take it seriously. So I slowly and carefully began to loosen his grip with my hands. This triggered an immediate response to snap his muscles tight. I began to feel the pins and needles overcome my upper body. Then tunnel vision. Then a loss of conciseness. This happened in less than 30 seconds.

I collapsed. Now it was all up to him. Once you loose conciseness, there's nothing you can do. The outcome will always result in death. The snake is programmed to continue the grip until his victim no longer has a pulse. He can feel the death with his body and will hold almost indefinitely until it comes.

Why am I here?

When I collapsed, I was on the second floor of my home. I fell into the 5 foot long x 3 foot high on a 2 foot high stand, the custom glass enclosure I made for the snake. I shattered the glass and caused it to fall over...... crashing into the floor. The sound alerted everyone in the house that something bad had just happened upstairs. Funny thing, even then, no one really rushed up as fast as they could have. But my mother was the first into the room.

She hated that snake. She couldn't stand that I fed it rabbits and Canadian Geese (geese were free! Pond next to my house!) But even then, she pulled and tugged and couldn't get it off. Then my father and some friends rushed in. He pulled it off. They looked on in horror.

The snake was unharmed.

I, on the other hand, had broken blood vessels in my eyes for about 2 weeks, and bruising on my neck for about a week. I also found myself in a position to have to find an new knowledgeable and caring owner for a snake that could possibly reach 20+ feet in just a few years. I finally found an expert collector who intended to find a female for breeding purposes.

I never saw the snake again. Before and since then, I have owned many other snakes. But I would never recommend this type of creature to anyone less than an experienced herpetoculturist........EVER!

Later......I bought a Buick.

Cool pics.

The writer sucked at life though.

D
Many of those internet pictures of large snakes are a hokes. Some are real bad. People see these things as the creatures of nightmares. So it's quite easy to spark up there curiosity and conjure up their feelings of fear and loathing for snakes.

Truth is, the scientific community generally recognizes the world record for the longest living snake to be a Indonesian Reticulated Python at 32 feet. Today, this record may only be met with a captive bred and grown specimen. Achieving this size in the wild may never happen again in today's world.

These animals are not so mysterious at all. And it's usually through pure human stupidity that anyone is ever hurt by one. Take poisonous snakes for instance. In current times, almost every retard ever bitten by a poison snake in the USA did something stupid to deserve it. And most people don't realize there are only 4 types of poisonous snakes in the entire USA. Rattlesnakes, Copperheads, Water Moccasins (Cotton Mouths), and Coral Snakes. The first 3 are closely related. Every snake in the US with stripes is harmless. So stop killing the Garter Snakes in your yard. Better yet, don't kill any of them. Just don't touch them. If you feel like doing something stupid........Just through rocks at a hornet's nest. If it's excitement your looking for, then there will certainly be a greater risk of dying doing this.

BTW, I've done this too! Boy was I stupid!!!!!

The writer is brutal. I love that the second slide states it's an anaconda when it's actually a retic. python. The photshops of some of the people in a few of the slides are horrendous.
Bit of a reptile enthusiast myself and have had my fair share of exotic animals. Much like Joey, I then bought a Buick

The writer is brutal. I love that the second slide states it's an anaconda when it's actually a retic. python. The photshops of some of the people in a few of the slides are horrendous.
Bit of a reptile enthusiast myself and have had my fair share of exotic animals. Much like Joey, I then bought a Buick
I still go the reptile sale conventions in my area from time to time. But now I go more to look at the babes with tattoos and piercings. I like em freaky!:hungry::D

Back