A1000

87Gnastey

I know I have seen a post about this before but couldn't find it.

If I am going to run an A1000 fuel pump should I remove the stock fuel pump and replace it with some tubing? Also, if I were to remove the stock fuel pump, should I put a in-line check valve in by the tank?
Thanks

if your plans were to run an external like a bosch the pump comes off the hanger and a tube installed so it can reach the bottom of the tank

if your going to run an a1000 ideally you'd want to run a sumped tank or a cell with the pump mounted below the tank ,

you can run it of the t top of tank but it should have atleast a 1/2" feed line to the bottom of the tank and that will take some custom fabbing of the hanger

i have the install instructs for the a1000 (11101) but to large to post here ( 555k pdf)

Why not leave the stock pump in there to feed the external? My friend feeds his Bosch 077 pump with the intank Walbro 255.

pacecarta Thanks for those instructions!

It seems like a fuel cell would be the easiest way to go unless I use the in-tank pump, but would it even make sense to feed a (for easy numbers) 10gpm pump with a 5gpm pump?

A while back I had a failing walbro in the tank. For a quick fix I picked up a A1000 and threw it in line. Instant fix. Been running that way for some time now. I have always planned to remove the tank and fab a pickup but it's working great. I hate to mess with anything if it works. ;) I guess my combo can be supported by the walbro's max gpm. The A1000 assists in making pressure.

What is the combo?

Ok that's what I thought.

So the main issue now w/using a stock fuel tank w/ the A1000 is that the A1000 needs to be gravity fed or fed by a equal or more powerful pump (which defeats the purpose of even having one) correct?

So TurboBuRick, You have a in-tank pump that doesn't work acting as a sump pick-up for your A1000?

So TurboBuRick, You have a in-tank pump that doesn't work acting as a sump pick-up for your A1000?

Both pumps are running. The walbo by itself would not keep up but I think it was more a pressure thing.

Also, I added a little something to my last post.