AARRGGHHHHH Can anyone help me??

Black1986Beast

No!! It's NOT A Monte!!!
I've been aggrivated with this car ever since I had to re-do the trans and the rear end back in november. This thing just never seems normal..I made a post before about how sometimes I have to push the pedal down more to get the car going..sometimes all I gotta do is barely push it in and it starts going..now today it seems like I gotta push it in alot more and I DONT KNOW WHY IT KEEPS DOING THIS!
It's driving me insane and I bet this is part of the reason for my horrible gas mileage.
I just recently realized that I may have a vaccum leak of some kind maybe? What happens is when the get on it, once the boost hits around 5-6psi the boost increases, but the car seems to accelerate at that rate, instead of the maybe 12-13psi that the guage is actually reading..could this mean a vacuum leak? or something else?? I just really with I could spend alittle time with someone locally (I live near hazlet/keyport NJ in monmouth county) who really knows about these cars, and maybe they can help me diagnose some of these problems. A good friend of mine is a mechanic, but they dont know specifically about these cars, so I'd rather talk to someone with good knowledge of these things. What do u think about these problems though?
I checked the hoses and they all seems to be on and tight.

I'm no expert

But let me just through this out. There have been 2 different times in my Hot Rodding career when I've pulled my hair out and almost torched my cars. Both times I had a problem I couldn't find. On both occasions I managed to locate a garage locally that knew what they were doing and both times the problem got fixed. Locating the garage wasn't too bad, I just started talking to other local Hot Rodders and performance enthusiasts. Two or three names kept coming up over and over. The most recent time I went to a recomended shop, a mechanic was leaned over the fender of a 1970 LS6 Chevelle convertable doing a tune up. There was 1962 Vette inside on the rack, and a Ferrari in the parking lot, it was nice to see that others trusted this shop already. My point being, ask around and you will find a shop that's right up your alley. - T

Well the boost problem may have fixed itself..before when I was driving I got into it a few times and the boost seemed to be normal again..but does anyone know about the whole "having to push down the pedal more" problem??

Black1986Beast

is there anyway you can go without your car
or is it primary transportation?

I wanted to ask cause you could always go to Dynotech Performance in Manville NJ

they are very good and know their ****
if you cant find it or someone locally is unable to help, I would bring it to them

Carl

I brought it to dynotech when I got the trans rebuilt and the rear end put in..I know they did do a good job..but I cant bring it all the way there again.
I just need someone local who wouldnt mind takin it for a ride, since they'd know what a real GN felt like.

I would tell you to check the TPS first too.
Fuel pressure? How old is the fuel pump? When was the last time you changed the fuel filter?
Check the normal maintenance stuff.
If you just had the trans redone...could a bad converter do this?

Too little info...too many variables.

TPS is normal..fuel pressure is fine, at least at idle.
I havent checked fuel filter and the fuel pump cant be extremely old because it's not stock..it's an external aftermarket.
It's just that it's great one day and the next day it sucks. It's wierd.
Nicky6, Im gonna email you.

whats the state of tune? in your profile you have no updates of cam, valve springs, turbo, injector. my first step would be check vaccume at idle see if it is low or all over the place. then spray water or b12 over all vac sources to see if it changes idle. that would be my first steps. HTP

turbotoy

Originally posted by Black1986Beast
TPS is normal..fuel pressure is fine, at least at idle.
I havent checked fuel filter and the fuel pump cant be extremely old because it's not stock..it's an external aftermarket.

Just making sure but...have you increased throttle to make sure the TPS voltage increases linearly and doens't spike or anything at any point?
Do you have a way to monitor fuel pressure under load? That's where you really need to check it.
I'd change the fuel filter just for the heck of it if you've never done it.

Did you try the other stuff that was recommended in the last post you made when you were having these problems?

I know that the turbo has been rebuilt and the valve springs have been replaced. As for the cam and injectors, I don't know.
I guess I should replace the fuel filter once I get a chance. There is no way for me to see the fuel pressure under load.