? about EGR tower...

Rodney87GN

The EGR tower in my lower intake was removed. Is it necessary to fill in the hole? What happens if you don't and run it as is?

BTW, all the EGR is removed and there's a blockoff plate where the valve used to be. Thanks in advance...

If you dont seal the hole you may get some turbulence but as long as it doesnt leak then you will be fine unless your looking for every added HP you can squeeze out of the thing. You can also just have it welded up & ground smooth while its out for a 100% no leak-better flow situation. If its apart I would but not mandatory.

Ok that's what I figured, just wanted to make sure. Mine isn't welded closed and seems like everyone else's was...got me a little concerned.:) Thanks!!

With my Canadian 86 T-type, when I put the RJC power plate on, I noticed that my car didn't have one. And it doesn't look like it was cut out or machined out. It looks like it never came with one. I was wondering if that was some goofy Canadian thing?

With my Canadian 86 T-type, when I put the RJC power plate on, I noticed that my car didn't have one. And it doesn't look like it was cut out or machined out. It looks like it never came with one. I was wondering if that was some goofy Canadian thing?

No! They all had the EGR tower. It was removed by someone. Done well probably so you dont even notice where it was. Guy that did mine did a great job & you would never know it was there!