? about motor breal in

psycho6cyl

Ponies Are For Lil Girls
Well the motor is in and it has about 50miles on it. The fastest I have went is 55 but mostly 50. No boost or hard aael yet but i noticed the car smoking. Its a ble smok that i can see in the guy behind me headlights. I open my door and also see a lil smoke coming out.. is that normal for brealin if so how long to expect it for?? Just curious and nervous... Jeff

Check for oil leaks- sounds like you're gettting a bit of oil onto the manifold or crossover and that's the smoke you see.

Also, check the oil feed line to the turbo for leaks.

Whant does the smoke smell like- coolant or petroleum?

I've been told it's good to give some boost when you're breaking it in. Helps the rings to seat. Just don't go crazy.

50 miles is not much and a fresh motor. my friends car smoked for a few days probley 300 miles and the first 50 like a train. then it slowly went away. dont worry the rings have not fully seated yet. give it a couple hundred then if it doesnt stop worry

I vary the speed on a break in ... 50 miles change the oil and RACE it :cool: I did a leak down @ 32 miles and the rings were already seated :cool: