? about my BLM's

3.8L V-8 eater

Hi, to all :smile:

Ok, here's my deal. When my car is at idle the BLM's which used to be around 130 have creep up to a consistent 140. However when I'm cruising the car the numbers are were they should be anywhere from 128 to 135 this includes cruising on the highway as well at around 65 to 70.

So.... my question is 2 fold. #1 why is this???? and #2 do i really need to worry about it if the numbers are where they should be while driving the car???? The car makes good power and the idle is good. Thinking maybe my drivers header is starting to devolope another leak maybe just not that bad yet :confused:

Thanks!!!

140 isn't bad, if there's no tip in stumble, bad idle, or any other noticeable driveabliltiy problems then drive it. :smile:

Read the plugs when you change them, if they appear normal as far as color and amount of deposits for the miles on them, it isn't an issue.

140 isn't bad, if there's no tip in stumble, bad idle, or any other noticeable driveabliltiy problems then drive it. :smile:

Read the plugs when you change them, if they appear normal as far as color and amount of deposits for the miles on them, it isn't an issue.

Your right 140 isn't terrible. Just a little alarmed by it going up all of a sudden they used to be about as good as it gets!! I'm going to be pulling the plugs out soon to see how things have been going this season. Thanks!!

Still creaping up a little at a time now BLM's are at 142???? Header looks ok as far as I can tell. Any other ideas!!! Car still idling good!!

UPDATE:

For those who may have been interested or have the same type problem I found the high BLM issue. Well actually the issue found me. I was leaving a car show last sunday and a Buick buddy of mine heard a vaccumm leak as I was ready to close the hood. Turned out to be the gasket between the power plate and intake blew out the side. it ripped in half down the side and was pushed out very noticably.

I took the plenum off put on another gasket and my BLM's have dropped to 124. This time it was an easier fix seeing I was thinking it was the drivers header again!!