? about Street Edge Converters (lock-up)

V6POWER

Anyone making 500-600 rwhp using one with a 200R4?

Does it work well and do you lock it? Thanks.

Thanks Dusty for taking the time to answer a question for a non-PTC converter. I appreciate the feedback. :)

They are good converters. If its a single disc, do not lock it at WOT.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hence the reason people buy from Dusty. Honesty and proven track record/performance. Always willing to help. :cool:

Anyone making 500-600 rwhp using one with a 200R4?

Does it work well and do you lock it? Thanks.
I use Edge converters in all my cars. My Olds runs 10.90's @125+ with one on a very mild build. I do not lock the converter at WOT and do not recommend it.

Thanks Dusty for taking the time to answer a question for a non-PTC converter. I appreciate the feedback. :)

Your welcome. I've restalled a couple of them and they are comparable to other lock up converters out there such as mine, Yank and Vigilante. We all have to build these from the same core so as long as the stall works for you, you will be happy with it. As you push power into the 550-600 rwhp range keep an eye on the slip.

Hence the reason people buy from Dusty. Honesty and proven track record/performance. Always willing to help. :cool:
I knew that and I really appreciate all the advice/assistance he has given to board members.

I use Edge converters in all my cars. My Olds runs 10.90's @125+ with one on a very mild build. I do not lock the converter at WOT and do not recommend it.
What is your combo and what tc stall? Thanks for the response.

Your welcome. I've restalled a couple of them and they are comparable to other lock up converters out there such as mine, Yank and Vigilante. We all have to build these from the same core so as long as the stall works for you, you will be happy with it. As you push power into the 550-600 rwhp range keep an eye on the slip.

I only run the 1/8 mile here in NC, so I hope slip will not be a problem.

What is your combo and what tc stall? Thanks for the response.
Champion ported iron heads with matching intake, 60# injectors, 3"THDP, Custom Comp 206/206 cam, 6057 DBB turbo @ 25# boost, Hyper +.020 pistons, stock Dutt. neck intercooler, Razor's Alky, 237 fuel pressure regulator, Edge 2800 LU converter, trans: 200-4R built by me, TT chip, 3.42 gears, M/T Street ET's

Wouldnt slip still be a problem at that power level?
Are you asking a question or saying it would still be a problem at the power level?

Champion ported iron heads with matching intake, 60# injectors, 3"THDP, Custom Comp 206/206 cam, 6057 DBB turbo @ 25# boost, Hyper +.020 pistons, stock Dutt. neck intercooler, Razor's Alky, 237 fuel pressure regulator, Edge 2800 LU converter, trans: 200-4R built by me, TT chip, 3.42 gears, M/T Street ET's
Thanks. Good mph at 25#.

Jim if you are thinking about selling your converter please let me know
I don't know what I am going to do. I have a problem with vertigo/black outs and I have not driven a car since May 2. Duke doctors are trying to solve the problem, but no luck so far. Who knows, the car may be for sale by the end of the year. :(

.. . . .
I have a problem with vertigo/black outs and I have not driven a car since May 2. Duke doctors are trying to solve the problem, but no luck so far. Who knows, the car may be for sale by the end of the year. :(
Sorry to hear man, that sucks.
Hopefully, they can find something. Best wishes.

[QUOTE="V6POWER, post: 3416961, member:]

I don't know what I am going to do. I have a problem with vertigo/black outs and I have not driven a car since May 2. Duke doctors are trying to solve the problem, but no luck so far. Who knows, the car may be for sale by the end of the year. :([/QUOTE]
Prayers for you man. Stay strong.

Asking the question.
Maybe Dusty will chime in with an answer. If I can't drive anymore, it will be OBE.

Sorry to hear man, that sucks.
Hopefully, they can find something. Best wishes.
Thanks. Having to be chauffeured around by my wife is not what I want. :)
[QUOTE="V6POWER, post: 3416961, member:]

I don't know what I am going to do. I have a problem with vertigo/black outs and I have not driven a car since May 2. Duke doctors are trying to solve the problem, but no luck so far. Who knows, the car may be for sale by the end of the year. :(
Prayers for you man. Stay strong.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app[/QUOTE]
Thank you.

Wouldnt slip still be a problem at that power level?

Yes it's something to watch. As you climb over 500 rwhp you begin to see the slip climb, depending on what the 1# boost rpm is. 1/8 mile racing will see a much higher slip number because its not in high gear very long so the converter has trouble catching up. There is also a huge difference in 500 rwhp and 600 rwhp. With a lock up, they can be tightened up even to the point where your 1# stall is 2400 rpm. I've seen plenty of so called 3200 stalls come in 600-800 lower than its rating. This helps slip quite a bit and if the turbo isn't over a 62mm comp wheel, it still spools fairly well. That's why testing a converter with the combo it will be run with is so important. Stall ratings can be very misleading.

Yes it's something to watch. As you climb over 500 rwhp you begin to see the slip climb, depending on what the 1# boost rpm is. 1/8 mile racing will see a much higher slip number because its not in high gear very long so the converter has trouble catching up. There is also a huge difference in 500 rwhp and 600 rwhp. With a lock up, they can be tightened up even to the point where your 1# stall is 2400 rpm. I've seen plenty of so called 3200 stalls come in 600-800 lower than its rating. This helps slip quite a bit and if the turbo isn't over a 62mm comp wheel, it still spools fairly well. That's why testing a converter with the combo it will be run with is so important. Stall ratings can be very misleading.

Thank you.