You can type here any text you want

About to install roller cam, ported timing cover and crank hub ?'s ---

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

alwayscode390

I was wondering while I am in front there with the cam swap ... should I go with a ported high volume timing cover, and replace the stock crank hub/balancer with a new stock crank hub/balancer?

With other engines I know that the crank hubs/balancers can come apart ... and these are pretty old parts.

I also read with the timing cover the cam button can wear on the timing cover ... so I was thinking of replacing it when I found out about the modded covers.

Weber has one , and TA has one ... this is my first time in a buick engine like this , is the oil pump part of the timing cover? Is that what is modded to be "ported / high volume"

Who sells new replacement stock crank hub/balancers? Who else sells modded covers? The price difference in the two companies above is $150!!!

Thanks for the advice and help :) ---

From my limited reading on the subject of front covers, the TA cover is reportedly the best bet. It is inspected & prepped to avoid any of the alignment issues that the cheap replacement covers have.

Good luck
~JM~

I have been hearing good things about the TA covers too. Now I just need to know if its worth it for my setup or not.

I talked to a vendor and they told me if I have good oil pressure now , dont mess with it ... BUT is that the only gain you get from a modded cover, better pressure? ---

I'm afraid I can't help you any further with this subject. Hopefully someone else more knowledgeable will jump in.

I think I'd be tempted to keep your stock cover if you haven't had any problems.

~JM~

Back