You can type here any text you want

AC Delete Pulley

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1BADDAM

Venomous Snake Handler
Can anyone confirm if the 1LE delete pulley will work on
our cars.

GM Partsdirect PN# 10055890

I'm pretty sure the L98's us the same A/C unit, just different
location. Just want to double check. TIA

GM part #10118713
It originally came on an '89-'91 4.3 S-10, and the belt is NAPA (gates rubber Co.) #060630 it is 63 and 5/8's inches long.

Originally posted by Lunkan
GM part #10118713
It originally came on an '89-'91 4.3 S-10, and the belt is NAPA (gates rubber Co.) #060630 it is 63 and 5/8's inches long.

Hmmmm. That part is listed as just a bracket.

Is this what you have on your car ?

Also, why would you need a different belt if the pulley replaces the AC pulley ?

Just trying to get some more facts before I purchase. Thanks.

Is there a belt you can buy to by-pass the AC pulley? (Forgive my ignorance if this is impossible, I can't picture the serpintene pattern right now).

I ask because a friend of mine does this on his mustang when he goes to the track: puts a smaller belt that won't go around the AC pulley.

Call Cotton's he has the pulley and bracket in either cast aluminum or steel. The stock belt is used this is what I have on mine.....

It's a plastic pulley but it works just fine.....

Here

Attachments

• resized 2.jpg
    resized 2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 177
Originally posted by trading t/a
Call Cotton's he has the pulley and bracket in either cast aluminum or steel. The stock belt is used this is what I have on mine.....

It's a plastic pulley but it works just fine.....

This looks the same as Cotton's, might be cheaper too @ $50 shipped via GMpartsdirect.com

attachment.php

Thanks to all.

i believe there are two one has a triangle bracket that the pulley sits on and the other is a horizontal. I'd try to locate a good picture to see if that one is the triangle one. If so it will hit the bracket assembly if I remeber correctly.

Remember the 1LE cars had the a/c on the passenger side and it was a different bracket ours is on the drivers. Would be interesting to clarify.

Yes, the 1LE is a triangular bracket (had it installed on my -88 GTA) and I don´t think it´ll fit our engines.

The one that I told about is horizontal, but I haven´t installed it. The reason is that it looks kind of weak, especially when it doesn´t support the alternator.

Trading t/a>>> How did You solve it with the alternator?

Here is a front view it is the triangle one.

attachment.php

So this one will not work.

Just ordered from Cottons.

Thanks, trading t/a & Lunkan for all the help.

Looking at it the triangle one may bolt to the extra ear on the bracket, you may have to mod it a little if you want to connect all three points.......

The one from cottons is cast and the bracket is straight across not offset like the pictures.

Back