You can type here any text you want

AC fan motor not working

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
My ac ompressor was bad, I replaced the compressor and everything worked fine for 2 days. Now the blower motor and the ac compressor are not turning on. I checked the blower motor it’s fine and turns on with power. I just replaced the ac compressor relay and checked all the fuses.

Any suggestions ? Thanks for the help guys.

It's probably the A/C cut out relay.

Located on the passenger side fender, there are two relays there along with the Map Sensor. It's the relay closest to the blower motor.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 45
Does the blower motor work on any speed?

High speed operation is by the silver blower motor high speed relay mounted near it. It is fed by a fusible link fat red wire over by the antenna wiring location in the passenger fender. This relay coil is triggered by the A/C control head fan switch in the HIGH position fed by the A/C relay.

Low and medium speed to the blower motor is controlled by the blower motor resistor assy. fed by the A/C control head switch via the A/C fuse.

Everything works the fan and the compressor when I jumper the light blue wire on the relay to battery voltage which is B8 on the 24 pin ecm connector

The fan circuit has nothing to do with that A/C cutout relay it controls the compressor clutch only, the fan obviously can work on the heater and vent positions too so you may have to start tracing wires.

Back