You can type here any text you want

Access to top of rear shocks

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lee_Burough

..Never Forget..
Staff member
I've seen a few posts about how to access the top of the rear shocks during rear shock replacement. I'm getting ready to change the fuel pump in my TTA. My trusted local mechanics will change the pump and shocks at the same time.

I took the seats out....Two bolts and two nuts each and they come out of the way. You can see the yellow foam that covers the top of the shock on the right and the threads from the top of the shock on the left. I wanted to give the plastic panels a good scrub anyway, so I took them out too (loosen one screw and remove two others and the plastic interior panels come right out). The carpet folds nicely up and back out of the way (as shown).

I could do all this in half an hour, now that I've done it once....It took an hour and a half with all the vacuuming and cleaning of the inside panels and seats.

Here is a picture of what you want to get at to change the rear shocks in your TTA. :)

Back