You can type here any text you want

Accessory Mounting w/On-center block, Stage 2 heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hemi8

Goin Sideways
I am contemplating running Stage 2 heads with an on-center block but I've read the 109 front accessories bracket will not work? With the duttwieller wet sump oiling system, balancer spaced out .120", how do you guys mount the P/S and alternator, does someone make a special bracket?
Mike

I am contemplating running Stage 2 heads with an on-center block but I've read the 109 front accessories bracket will not work? With the duttwieller wet sump oiling system, balancer spaced out .120", how do you guys mount the P/S and alternator, does someone make a special bracket?
Mike
If you space the balancer out, the factory accessory bracket will work perfectly. If you decide to eliminate the A/C, I think Champion makes a special bracket. I eventually went this way and made some slight modifications to fit my mini alternator and clear the Mezzerie pump.

Allan G.

The A/C is gone, so the accessory bracket mounting holes are in the same place on Stage 2 heads? I thought the Champion bracket was for production style heads?
Mike

The A/C is gone, so the accessory bracket mounting holes are in the same place on Stage 2 heads? I thought the Champion bracket was for production style heads?
Mike
Hole locations should be the same so bracket will work with both heads .
AG

It's a little hard to see in this photo but I added an extra idler pulley to push the belt away from rubbing itself with out the belt driven water pump.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1388680765.679481.jpg

I made a spacer for the crank and bought a cam gear spacer from TA Performance. Everything lined up correctly.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Fantastic, wow that engine is a work of art! So it looks like an on-center Stage II headed engine is very doable, just need a source for headers. We have a couple shops in the DC area that can custom fabricate a set of headers but I'd rather just be able to buy a new set (single turbo). Thank you for all the pics.

Mike

heres my stage 2 setup with assesories,spaced crank and t/a cam gear spacer.
biuck pics 228.jpg
biuck pics 228.jpg
biuck pics 230.jpg

Holy smokes Richard!! The way Buick should have equipped our GN's.

Mike

Buick 140.jpg
Here is another picture I dug up. If you ever decide to run an electric water pump you may need to run a small idler like I did.

Back