You can type here any text you want

AccuFab TB and Upper Plenum

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chrisk

TurboTransAm.com
Anyone running this combo on a TTA?
I was looking into getting a TB Plenum Combo.
Whats a good combo? 65mm or go with the 70mm and be done?

Are there anyother brands out there that make a nice piece??

Thanks

Most will say it's not worth it unless your going 10's or better.
Money will be better spent on other upgrades(alchy, fp, inj, turbo)

Someone on the board does a custom 62mm upgrade to the stock piece which is great for 11sec cars.

Accufab/K.Bell makes the bigger setups available from most vendors.

This is one of those subjects that you usually get beat up on, but not as bad as the aftermarket downpipe :)

True, you don't need it for the vast majority of cars.

The Jay Jackson 62mm port job is a much more cost-effective solution. But... I think the Accufab stuff looks awesome, so for looks alone it's worth it.

I had both the 65 ad 70 ones on my cars. I found the 70mm gave better throttle response on the street than the stock plenum. One theory I heard was the throttle blade does not have to open as far to let air in for off-idle and normal street driving.

The Kenne Belle unit is much cheaper (if you can get one), but some people had mysterious idle and vacuum problems with them which the Accufab did not have. No clue why, but it's a documented case.

I believe the Accfab plenum and t/b will cost you $500. For that kind of money, there are many other more cost effective improvements. But, like me, if you really want one and love the way they look, go for it!

Back