You can type here any text you want

Accumulator Ques?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tom Walker

Tommy2Tone
I have a ques. Has anyone ever seen the inside of one of our accumulators?
I've been in manufacturing for 30+yrs. and have rebuilt hundreds of the industrial type. They have a assembly hole and the diaphragms have a valve for charging w/nitrogen. My ques. is can one of ours be drilled out so a replaceable bag can be installed? Sure would fix a lot of problems! What do you all think?

Sounds interesting.
There have been other attempts to get rechargeable acc's for our TR's, but none have panned out to my knowledge. I have never seen the inside of our acc's, but it's just a diaphragm that can flex to allow backpressure. What happens when this inserted bag goes bad? Can it be removed without leaving behind any leftovers and a new one inserted? What does the bag cost?

I do have a friend that has a dead 2nd generation acc. He would probably be willing to give it to you if you think you can do something with it. It's not doing him any good any more.

Yes, the bag is just removed and a new one installed. Tha bags are strong, but pliable. Most of the hydraulic systems on the large CNC vertical turret lathes need accumulators to absorb shock when doing speed and feed changes. Not sure how we might convert these and I have no idea how much the bags would be since Allison's paid for them. I have one recently removed.
I think this may become a project.
I've also considered going to a remote mount accumulator w/flex line. I've installed many on machines and know that 300# is a common size. Now to get my retired Bu++ off the couch... Ouch!

Back