Acetone!?!?!

Interesting. I just did this to my hoopty and will give you an update in a week or less:
1999 Toyota Camry 4cyl,running perfect wiht new plugs and a/f sensors.
87 octane, city driving and driving like a normal person (under3k) I get 25 MPG and 34MPG HWY. I put 10 gallons of 87 oct and 3.5 oz of acetone in almost empty tank this morning. I am very curious!

Spent my day surfing all this MPG stuff.

Thanks for the links! I may be adding the egas stuff to my current propane/gas I've got running through my engines.

Last night on the show "myth busters" on the discovery channel, they ran some test on magical fuel additives. they found that the acetone did not improve mileage. Maybe they didnt mix it the same as in this article, but they said it didnt work for them.

Way2QWK said:
Last night on the show "myth busters" on the discovery channel ..........
I love that show! Back to the topic .......... :eek:

well if they said it did nothingm then it obviously doesn nothing ebcause they are gods! :p

Myth Busters MPG?

OK, I think they tried to run the car on acetone rather than add 3oz per 10gal of gas. Price wise, it's a no brainer that straight acetone will cost more per mile than gas. Oh and the running the car on hydrogen thing seemed to be performed incorrectly, they didn't give the device enough time to start generating egas to burn.

This will be my next step beyond the propane injection!!!
http://www.waterpoweredcar.com/

acetone,

back in the 60ish a lot of people mixed acetone with gasoline to raise the octane or so we thought anyway, :)