You can type here any text you want

Acheva SCX

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I eat Z06

This is an old arse race (back when I was stock), but I was thinkin about it and its 4 am so what the hell. Not really paying attention to the red car with yellow badging and little throat exhaust. This is a straight 4 mile 4 lane road in the middle of nowhere, so I always give it more than required throttle.:cool: So light turns green and I go and notice that the Acheva jumps me, so I punch it and get a 1/2 car lead, and that was it, I couldnt shake him. I give the guy a confused look after we shut down and he was laughin. WTF, I was so confused, still dont know what they have under the hood. My guess is a turbo 4.:confused:

Nick

The SCX had a High output Quad 4, I think 185hp. Basicly it was designed as a production race car to compete in road racing, you know they had to produce X amount in order to compete. It's not shabby but the Quad 4 has a nasty rep for blowing head gaskets. A guy I know had one that he put NOS on and it ran in the mid-low 14s. From what I have read they were pretty competitive in there classes back in 93.

I know the car too;) , best 1/4 mile time was a 14.3 @ 105!!:eek: He couldn't get the thing to stop spinning thru the first 2 gears;) . With traction that should have been a very low 13.

That was the quad 4's downfall. They were by far the best 4 banger at the time.

Nick

I remember that car. It was also at the NAIAS two years ago. Didnt Olds make a similar one with the Auroura V8 later in the 90's?

Nick

Back