You can type here any text you want

Actual Timing vs. Displayed timing FAST?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87we410877

Hi, I was wondering if there is any way that the FAST system would display a cirtian # for timing (say 18*) and it actually be something different? Im running 18* timing and would like to advance it to about 22* but would like to be sure im acutally at 18* and the computer or one of the sensors are off. Thanks.

Hi, I was wondering if there is any way that the FAST system would display a cirtian # for timing (say 18*) and it actually be something different? Im running 18* timing and would like to advance it to about 22* but would like to be sure im acutally at 18* and the computer or one of the sensors are off. Thanks.

What you see *should* be what you get. Verify it with a light to be sure the FAST and the engine are in sync. As long as you know this is true, the number on the screen will be the actual timing value in all cases.

What you see *should* be what you get. Verify it with a light to be sure the FAST and the engine are in sync. As long as you know this is true, the number on the screen will be the actual timing value in all cases.

Wouldn't the entry in inductive delay have an impact on timing as the rpm is increased ?

Also this recommended entry seems to be different between the XFI & older Classic Units.

Joe

Wouldn't the entry in inductive delay have an impact on timing as the rpm is increased ?

Also this recommended entry seems to be different between the XFI & older Classic Units.

Joe

Actually, yes. I should have clarified that. When checking actual timing with a light, perform this check at a few different RPM levels. Idle, 2500, and maybe 4K if you are feeling brave enough to lean over it with a light at that speed. Make sure the commanded timing from the FAST is the same at all test points. If it isn't, adjust the inductive delay setting until it is. IIRC a longer delay setting will retard timing as RPM increases.

Hope all is well with you Joe... I've been staying busy. I've gotten married, adopted my wife's son, and we are expecting a little girl this October! I miss the EFI business a lot.

Back