You can type here any text you want

acura nsx

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

denn454

turbo swimmer
last friday night at the sonic i ran into a guy with an nsx, he came over talked about my car for a long time, he wanted to buy it from me, then offerd me a trade for a bike he had. so me and my friend i had with me thought it was worth looking into so towards the end of the night we follow him back to his house to check out the bike. i had no idea where he lived and i didnt' want to get beside him and pass the turn so i just hung back behind him most of the way. we turned onto a smaller side street and it looked like he got on the throttle pretty hard, so i decided to try to keep up, but i was gaining too fast, i ended up running 3/4 maybe a little less throttle up to about 80.

not quite a race at all but i was really suprised that i kept up so easly. i could have eaten him up had it been a real race. $90k for that? i wouldn't mess with him on a windy road but still...

90K for an over priced honda sick isn't it?

I never have liked the nsx's though.

I would take a srt-10 ram from dodge and pocket the rest of the money if I had that much to spend.

just my .02,
Sean

i just read in some import mag, they were actually comparing a nsx to a z06 and they even admitted that the z06 is a way better car, it is half the price, more hoserpower, faster, quicker, all kinds of stuff.
i was very shocked to see them give a corvette so much props especially against one of there own.

the acura anysex is waaay overpriced, maybe it is handmade, but it doesn't have much to show for the price. heck you could get a dodge diaper or like mentioned, a vette, cheaper than that and go a heck of a lot faster :p

I spanked an NSX pretty bad last year in Colorado Springs. Talked to him later and he was a good sport about it. Said he'd never been beat, but they are 13.xx second cars, so that was hard to believe. I guess it's who you race, not how fast you are.
Keith

13's??? all of them i've seen at the track run mid-low 15's. granted that is at 5800 feet and there isnt' such a thing as a fast car up here... actualy for a street car thats respectable, but a c5, non zo6 vette will eat it for lunch, really pretty much any vette will have its way with those little hondas.

it may be 90k, but its still a honda.

I agree, 90K will buy me two stage II motors, a car to put em in and still have plenty left....I

I've always liked the NSX's. The cars are well built and the durablility has been excellent on them. They are not drag cars and are engineered for handling and stability at 150mph. The mid engine design they have are supposed to be one of the sweetest handling machines. Their prices have gone up but used earlier models can be found in the 30k range. Should be solid high 13 / low 14 sec cars with most of the power in the mid to high range. I think they look great too.

^^^exactly. The car is made to be fast on the top end 130+. Handle very well. The Honda motor has almost no torque, and makes all its power at high rpm's, hence its near 10,000 red line. It is more suited for Europe with the Autobahn where its power can be put to use. In America it is more of a contendor for the SL500, XK8, XLR, etc. For 2005 or 2006 the new bread NSX should hit our shores and be MUCH quicker than the 12 year old chassis that is currently bein manhandled. The concept car has been at every major auto show for the past two years. Back in 92 when it came out, it was put up against Vipers, Vettes, Porsches's, etc. but all those cars have evolved with more power, better styling, and better handling, while the NSX has just gotten more expensive. My uncle has a 96 or 97 NSX-T (tagra). I have driven it a few times. It feels much more sportier than the Buick or STi, even though it is slower. It also feels like your doin 65 when your really doin 120. Many companies are still using the cars for their race cars b/c of their agility and top end powerband.

Nick

I forgot to add. Take a 350whp GN and a 350whp NSX. Race once from a dig and the GN will clean house. Another from 100mph, and the GN wont have a chance.

Nick

that was cool to read that guy trying his best to defend that over priced car, just to get proven wrong every time with some actual facts and not just words.

id take a z06 anyday of the week before i would buy that POS

Back