You can type here any text you want

Added a Tach to the T!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboTnZ06

Go on red!
Finally, now I don't have to wonder what my rpms are anymore since the factory tach is clearly way off! I also relocated the scanmaster next to it with velcro to see if I like it there. It's an Autometer 2 5/8 mini tach. Check it out:
DSC03287.jpg

383zpy

Very nice!!! Looks like one of your pic's is a red x...

Thanks! and I guess firefox (my browser) doesn't show red x's ??? I don't see it? Hmm. I tried to paste in a tinyurl orginally, but it didn't work. Maybe it's stuck in the html somehow? I can't edit it anymore, so oh well.

looks nice.....how long on the install???

Maybe 30 minutes. Just poked a wire rod though the firewall grommet next to the other wires and boost line etc and it fit right through. I also have a distribution block under the dash to make it easy to find a ground and power. I wired the light to always be on (switched voltage) instead of tapping the light switch, because I was lazy and all my other guages and stuff are like that too.

I used a couple 8 inch vecro straps from the hardware store for tying wires together. I just looped it around the mount and under the tilt lever. Holds really well actually eventhough it is temporary.

Tach

I have an aftermarket tach with no instructions on where the wires go. What do I need to tap into to get it working? Any advice you have would be GREAT.

Thanks,
Ryan

Most are the same:

Red - switched 12V
Black - ground
White - power to lamp
green - tach signal (hook to green connector hanging behind alternator)

Also, make sure it's set to 6 cylinder. That's either a setting on the back or you'll need to snip a wire (brown?) loop.

Most are the same:

Red - switched 12V
Black - ground
White - power to lamp
green - tach signal (hook to green connector hanging behind alternator)

Also, make sure it's set to 6 cylinder. That's either a setting on the back or you'll need to snip a wire (brown?) loop.

Some tach's have to be modified to accept the square wave reference signal the CCCi puts out.

VDO Tach Modification

Where did you get the triple gauge pod? Cool set up, I have never seen a Scanmaster mounted on the column. I wish they made the scanmaster flat with an LCD screen, (hint) would open up more mounting options. And update the look. Kinda reminds me of an old "Fuzzbuster" my dad use to have. Still the great tool everyone has but me.:frown:

Back