You can type here any text you want

Adding aftermarket gauges

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

eagleguy

Why is it that I cannot get ANY local mechanic to install aftermarket mechanical or electrical gauges in my car? I am only looking to add water temp and oil pressure in the console pod. Never had an issue like this before. Do T Types and GN have issues with sending units being added or replaced??

I don't have that information handy, but you can find it on Autometers website easily.

I don't have that information handy, but you can find it on Autometers website easily.
I have the Autometer instructions. Its more like where did you tap into the engine for the water temp and oil pressure gauges?

I tee d into where my oil pressure switch was . And I would suggest to go with a electric one . Running oil into the car isn't that attractive after it springs a leak

I put mine on the intake manifold ill shoot you some pics of where I mounted mine

Okay here are acouple pics of where my sending units are . You can remove the one on the top of your intake manifold where I'm pointing to . It is your low speed.fan deal . I haven't ran one ever since I've owned my car and had no ill effects. The one with the 2 wire plug is your ECM temp reference so that needs to stay . Hope this helps

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 128
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 118
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 121
Okay here are acouple pics of where my sending units are . You can remove the one on the top of your intake manifold where I'm pointing to . It is your low speed.fan deal . I haven't ran one ever since I've owned my car and had no ill effects. The one with the 2 wire plug is your ECM temp reference so that needs to stay . Hope this helps
What he said! Just be sure to go gently on the threads as it's aluminum and is easy to strip/crack.

If you do use a hard line for a mechanical oil pressure gauge, this is the procedure I used....the battery shown represents the oil sending thingy.....the one that's on the car when it was new...can't recall the damn name. Whole thing tees off the brass oil block on the passenger side of the engine, lower. Works real well....no oil leak in the Grand National, only coffee spills.:rolleyes: Just remember to use copper line for the oil pressure gauge, not plastic.

Bruce '87 Grand National

DSC_0015.JPG
DSC_0010.JPG

Speaking for everyone on here...(and I'm just a dweeb:bucktooth:).....you sure are welcome.....hope this helps you in some way.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Back