You can type here any text you want

adjustable IAT readings?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86GN-862+2

just wondering what your take is on this and how it really affects performace:confused: and engine durability...

the idea is to reconfigure IAT readings so that air/fuel ratio is optimized at all RPM's via an "adjustable resistor" with a knob making the computer "think" the temperature is lower than real world. This supposedly adds usable HP's due to increased fuel delivery when needed. I think. Not 100% sure on the concept. Please post up.

just wondering what your take is on this and how it really affects performace:confused: and engine durability...

the idea is to reconfigure IAT readings so that air/fuel ratio is optimized at all RPM's via an "adjustable resistor" with a knob making the computer "think" the temperature is lower than real world. This supposedly adds usable HP's due to increased fuel delivery when needed. I think. Not 100% sure on the concept. Please post up.

The will not work on a aftermarket ecu. The aftermarket acu have a table that you can adjust the the fueling based on intake air temp.

The stock ecm's when the iat temps reading drop the ecm not only adds fuel but it also increases timing. I would not advise doing this just to get a tad bit more fuel . The higher timing the more chance of knocking.

Back