You can type here any text you want

Advance Auto Parts Coil Packs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Chris Wh1

Has anyone ever used the BWD brand coil packs sold at Advance? They have them for $52. They also have the AC Delco ones for $124. Just wondering what the difference was between the two.

I just put one back on my car because the Ac Delco unit failed. Never had a problem with one of the BWD's, but this is the second Delco one I've had go bad.

Ive bought a couple of the Advance units, one was dead right out of the box, other lasted a couple months. Took them both to Autozone to test them and they both failed and past, tested them both several times. I just bought one from NAPA and has worked so far. I took the NAPA unit to autozone to test it and never failed, tested it 4 times. Seems like its really a crapshoot as to whether or not you get a good one. HTH Deren

Eyup--CRAPSHOOT pretty much describes the dilemma. In the past, odds were better with the GM/AC Delco unit--but nowadays with all the outsourcing--pennypinching...:frown:

Back