Advice/help

wicked6

I hope that someone can help, enlighten or send me in the right direction. I have been on the chase of an oil leak on my DS. This lead me to the EGR since it was seen on the back side of the EGR valve. I also have taken a look see on the throttle blade and there is a little but I would think not enough to worry about. I then proceeded also to check my PCV system!

Well all the vent filters (K&N) are soaked and my PS below the vent is covered in oil. I took the inline check valve and PCV valve also off to check. I saw oil on the top of the inline check valve which would leave me to beleive that oil was being pushed back into the intake. Is this normal??!! I tested my PCV valve and it was well useless. I used a foot air pump to test the valve and it lets in air in the direction of the engine. But the inline does not let air in, at least with the foot pump. So this is saving me big time.

So what is my problem. HOW OR WHY WOULD I HAVE SO MUCH CRANK CASE PRESSURE TO CAUSE ALL THIS OIL TO GO EVERYWHERE??? Should I replace those valve cover vents since they are soaked? I just hope someone can help with my situation as I would like to rid or reduce the crank case pressure. And the oil mess!

Thanx for any and all help

How much boost are you running? 22-24#?
Clean the filters and drop the boost back to 18# and see if the oil leak is less or stops. It did on a buddy's car.

It is time for a leakdown test to get your answers.

Gary :(

Welp, it could be an internal problem, but you'd be burning a lot of oil, I'd think. It could also be a seal in the turbo that's letting pressure(exhaust or boost) into the oil return chamber in the turbo, which contects to the crankcase, of course. Does the oil seem to get dirty pretty quickly?
A compression test will tell alot, as will a leakdown, and they eliminate the internals if test readings are ok.

I had a compression test done about 3 weeks ago and everything is OK.

My oil does turn black/dark pretty quickly. I thought that would be do to very rich conditions.

Do you think that a faulty/bad intake gasket could cause this.

Thanx