You can type here any text you want

Advise requested

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LawDog

Is it safe to run an approximately 1/2" spacer on the rear of a 10 second 125-130mph quarter GN. I have the 3" studs (with GTA wheels). Just wondering what the cut off is when talking spacer size, speed and safety.
Thanks.

I have run 123 mph-mid 11s with 1/2 spacers and longer wheel studs. Didn't have a problem at all.

I had 1/2" spacers with Moser studs and broke 4 of 5 driver's side ones on a street launch.

I would only recommend the billet, bolt-on style from somewhere like Vette Brakes:

13767M.jpg

The others, especially over 1/4", put too much shear force on the base of the stud and can break. I think anything over 1/4" is not legal for NHRA or IHRA.

Jim

Eh...I dunno, I don't have much experience, but hearing "wheel spacers" and "ten second car" doesn't exactly go together for me. I'd really try to find a better option, especially with a car that fast.

DeltaT said:
I had 1/2" spacers with Moser studs and broke 4 of 5 driver's side ones on a street launch.

I would only recommend the billet, bolt-on style from somewhere like Vette Brakes:

13767M.jpg

The others, especially over 1/4", put too much shear force on the base of the stud and can break. I think anything over 1/4" is not legal for NHRA or IHRA.

Jim

I would never use anything like that again
I almost lost a wheel with them as the studs ripped rite off
So I pulled all the studs and drilled the holes just a little bigger
And used 3 inch studs from the axle through the spacer and onto the wheel
It never gave me any problems after that. I had 16” iroc wheels. With out the spacer they didn’t fit.
Anyway good luck with how ever you go.

I've used spacers in the past with no problems. I would re torque the spacer on a regular basis. Every other week or so should work......

Re: spacers

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. And in that case I need two GTA style wheels (non-dimple) for a GBODYPARTS 16*10 transformation. Fronts or backs are ok and I'm not to concerned with the edges as long as the centers are good. Reasonable please.

Back