You can type here any text you want

Aesthetic finishers?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nat86

Looking at jet hot or aesthetic finishers love the chrome look for my downpipe and headers possibly exhaust housing to. Looking for feedback from my fellow Buick friends that have gone this route. Did it hold up to the heat ?
Discoloration?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Ok did some research and I see that aesthetic finishers chrome look doesn't stay on stainless steel very well. so how about the headers?

Got my ATR headers done by Paul Barry Motorsports a long long time ago. It was his ceramichrome coating. They were gorgeous. They did dull after a few years though. The coating held up perfectly however, just dulled down a bit. I have since painted over that coating with a high temp black paint.
I've attached a pic here of what they looked like. They had a process of doing the insides also. Not sure if they're still around though.

1012995_10201843935087934_167990743_n.jpg

Got my ATR headers done by Paul Barry Motorsports a long long time ago. It was his ceramichrome coating. They were gorgeous. They did dull after a few years though. The coating held up perfectly however, just dulled down a bit. I have since painted over that coating with a high temp black paint.
I've attached a pic here of what they looked like. They had a process of doing the insides also. Not sure if they're still around though.

View attachment 279751
Very nice

You can always take some 000 steel wool and a weekend and they will polish right up...not to chrome but will look very nice.

Looking at jet hot or aesthetic finishers love the chrome look for my downpipe and headers possibly exhaust housing to. Looking for feedback from my fellow Buick friends that have gone this route. Did it hold up to the heat ?
Discoloration?

I posted this in my Winter Punchlist thread back around a few months ago. I hope it helps. As a side note. I ended up slightly misting them with a little high-temp silver just to brighten them up. In the end, I was OK with the results. Extreme heat protection is excellent, but not as pretty as before. See below.

"Also, I got my headers back from Jet-Hot on Thursday night. I was some-what disappointed. But this was not unexpected and it's not Jet-Hot's fault. Years ago they coated the headers with their high-luster bright chrome-like finish. They told me it wouldn't hold up to a TR's EGT. I wanted it anyway and they were right. But, I was happy. Because they were flat out, frigging GORGEOUS! It still lasted about 5 years! Then, After that, I had them re-done locally again. The guy did a good job. But no one is as good as Jet-Hot. You get what you pay for.

This time, I asked Jet-Hot for the same coating they used the first time. I figured 5 years was good enough. The sales rep said there was no way they would do it and that it wouldn't last even a single day! Apparently, the high-luster finish they have now still looks as good as before, but today it lacks a key ingredient it had back then. The EPA regulated it's use or something.

So instead I got the 2500 degree stuff. Yea, it's strong and heat resistant, but it's not beautiful. Just flat dark grey with a very slight metallic. BORING!

Tomorrow I may put them on."

Last edited:

View attachment 279751

Yes, this is what I wanted from Jet-Hot. And this they wouldn't do. First time they did it, It looked even better than these. They also did the inside. But today, they can no longer stand by this coating. Claiming a formula change since way back when.

Back