You can type here any text you want

AFCO coil over/shock fitment

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

John N

Who has experience with afco shocks in the rear and coil overs in the front? I installed some on my 87 Regal and ended up going with TRZ coil over adapters in the front. The upper spring cup did not fit between the stock spring perch in the frame. Even those TRZ adapters are giving me an issue. One still isn't fully seated because it's so difficult to get some of those frame tabs out of the way. I'm trying my best to keep the frame perch intact so I can revert to the stock spring/shock set up later on for any reason. My main issue is with the shock lengths being too long. the fronts are the shortest available and I think they may be too long still. I currently have 12x2.5" springs in the rear I will be shortly replacing with 14x2.5" springs to see how much it helps. Cutting the bump stops down front and rear I'm sure would help, but I don't know if it will be enough to solve the problem yet. The rear shocks seem to be bottomed out. The front shocks have a little more coil over adjustment left on 8" springs (think 10" would have been perfect, but I was sent these)

So I am wondering who is running these shocks and what length and if you ran into any problems.

10-27-08iPhone131.jpg

10-27-08iPhone133.jpg

10-27-08iPhone139.jpg

10-27-08iPhone140.jpg

10-27-08iPhone136.jpg

10-27-08iPhone135.jpg

10-27-08iPhone134.jpg

Back