You can type here any text you want

aftermarket front cover

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

larrym

West Coast Newfy
my local choice is Pioneer or Silver Seal which is prefered?

Honestly spend the money on a TA or GM cover. With that said the GM cover pump gear face to pump cavity sidewall is above the high side out of the box new. The TA cover is MUCH better and within specs as they machine their own.

Glenn is a great vendor and sells the new GM one. But the cavity width will not fall with in GM specs. I just built one....Will it work?.... yes,but if your getting one, get the one thats the best bang for the buck and that would be TA. At least thats my angle

Not slamming anyone or promotimg anyone just which is a lil better spec wise

I have the Silver Seal front cover. The cam sensor bore does not align with the oil pump drive bore so the cover is not usable. I had already done the oil passages so this is why they say they will not take the cover back. Seems like an excuse to slide out of responsibility. Decide for yourself but no more Silver Seal for me.

I have the Silver Seal front cover. The cam sensor bore does not align with the oil pump drive bore so the cover is not usable. I had already done the oil passages so this is why they say they will not take the cover back. Seems like an excuse to slide out of responsibility. Decide for yourself but no more Silver Seal for me.

Very common problem

Another problem with the Silver Seal on a turbo engine, if you can even get it to work, is that the external front seal can blow out under high boost.

Not a comforting thought, especially at 140+ MPH as happened to me and another racer.

The TA cover addressed and solved this problem with their turbo V-6 cover.

Another problem with the Silver Seal on a turbo engine, if you can even get it to work, is that the external front seal can blow out under high boost.

Not a comforting thought, especially at 140+ MPH as happened to me and another racer.

The TA cover addressed and solved this problem with their turbo V-6 cover.

I don't know what cover is on my car, but after a few hard runs I got coolant spraying out from the seal. So now I need a new cover.

I don't know what cover is on my car, but after a few hard runs I got coolant spraying out from the seal. So now I need a new cover.

What seal? Lower crank seal? Time to replace head gaskets (at a minimum) Out of the water pump seal? Time for a water pump.

Either way, check your compression somethings amiss.

Front cover gasket blew out at top left corner (passenger side). Mechanic checked radiator pressure, no problem with head gaskets. Will be putting on TA cover with new oil pump and water pump this week. Also replacing "S" hoses and power steering high pressure hose.

Back