You can type here any text you want

Aftermarket fuel tanks baffled?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

3.8TransAM

I know the GM replacement fuel tank is baffled, my question is, does anyone know if the aftermarker fuel tanks have the requisite baffles in them?

Mine leaked all over so I havent even started it yet :-( That and have the cam sensor in, but i have to set it still

later
JEremy

Originally posted by 3.8TransAM
I know the GM replacement fuel tank is baffled, my question is, does anyone know if the aftermarker fuel tanks have the requisite baffles in them?

later
JEremy

Hi Jeremy,

As far as I know, the TTA tank is no longer available, the standard 3rd gen tank is and it isn't baffled the same as the TTA tank but, it will work just fine, well, unless you're planning on running 155 mph laps around indy, that's really what the TTA tank was designed for. :)

Theres only 2 tanks for the thirdgens in total. The earlier pre 90 non baffled tanks that had some issues with stalling when low. The later tanks were revised with some baffles to help keep fuel near the pickup. Supposedely all 90-92 had this tank as well as some 88-89 hi po cars(?) .

The much fabled 1LE tank was just the GM baffled tank, but they did have a different sock and a extended supposedly swinging pickup.

Just want to know if the current aftermarket tanks have the later style GM baffles or not?

thanks
Jeremy

I don't know about the new tanks much. As I hear they only come with baffles. I was going through this extensivly trying to get a tank and the farthest I got was the NAPA (Friends of mine.) I had them call and ask if it had baffles in it and they were told all the tanks came with baffles. This was an aftermarket company by the way but I don't remember the name.

So the best I can tell you is to, when you find one, ask if it has the baffles or request to know if it does or not. Though i'm pretty sure they should come with the baffles.

tta fuel tank

What's this I have read about the tta tank being of a larger capacity, say 18 versus 15+ gallons? Anyone?Sorry I can't answer the other stuff.

The original plan was for an 18.5 gallon fuel tank but was scraped like many other ideas to save money. The only difference is the swinging pickup a.k.a. 1LE.

If I keep this car and that isn't likely and when the tank needs replacement I'll probably go with a stock tank modded for a deeper sump with an- lines for an aeromotive external pump

Tank size

Thanks for the input. That accounts for why I never put in more than 15 gallons on my recent cross country trek. By the way, you sound like you're being forced to sell. What's up?

TT/A tank

I have an extra 89 TT/A if you want an original. It is out of a 32,000 mile car. Where are you located ? I am in CT

Im in IN near Chicago IL, depending on price shipping wouldnt be horrid :-)

Shoot me a pm on what u want for it

thanks
Jeremy

Never forced :D Just tired of fixing the thing. Priorities may change in 6 months when the baby arrives though ;)

Back