Aftermarket Glass Header Panel Any Good!!!

flynbrian

Hi Everyone!
I was wondering if anyone has used a Aftermarket Fiberglass Header Panel for there GN/T-Type or Limited? This guy on Ebay is out of Florida has one, says it weighs 6.5pds Here is the link: Glass Header Panel !!!
How Much Do the Stockers weigh? Are they that much heavier? I just bought a 87 GN that the header panel is busted and I am going to make a Street and Strip Car out of it, and though since I have to buy a header panel anyhow, maybe this would be a good alternative, maybe shed a few pounds in the process. Anyone ever use any of this guys glass products? Are they any good? Sounds like there is really nothing special you have to do to mount them. Just pretty much have it sprayed body color and Install it.
Thanks,
Brian...:D

We just took off the header panel off my friends TR. The stock one is lighter than it looks. I dont see any benifit on a lighter one. You wouldnt see more than a few pounds saving, not worth the extra price to me. I thought the stock one was fiberglass as well. We found a new stock one for $140

Thanks!

Thanks Rich,
I was wondering that, I knew they were mostly glass, the stock ones, at least the one I'm looking at on the GN I bought is, because it is busted in about 20 pieces. I figured there probally wasn't that much difference in weight, to merit the difference in price! Wanted to see what ya'll thought. Thanks!!!:D