Aftermarket Mini-starter

aminga

Chicks Dig the powerbulge
I have one of the aftermarket mini-starters. It's been so long I don't remember what the terminals are.

The starter "signal" wire is obvious. There are 2 large terminals. The top is grounded by my multi meter. There is a strap going from the one of the large solenoid terminals which one. The one that's grounded or the battery terminal.

Do the starters work by making the ground.

there is no ground wire on the starter...its bolted to the block! thats ur ground.

and please dont test a starter in your hands...you will hurt yourself.

Post a pic Al. Then I can give you a better idea of where everything goes. It depends on the "mini" starter you have.

Post a pic Al. Then I can give you a better idea of where everything goes. It depends on the "mini" starter you have.

I guess I'll take it off and see if the terminals are labled. It's one from SEturbo.

On the solenoid there are 3 terminals 2 large and one small. The small one is easy. The upper large one is grounded. The lower one has to be the battery connection.

Now the simple question is the strap from one of the large solenoids to the motor does it go to the upper or lower.

9000852.jpg

Nevermind. Found an old picture of the starter before it was intalled. strap to the motor goes to the TOP