You can type here any text you want

Aftermarket Radio?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Little6pack

Well since I don't really like my stock GN radio/cassette player I am thinking of getting a aftermarket system.

Any sysem deck suggestions? Let me give you info 1st.

I don't want to change the factory speakers nor do I need a high powered system..
Just want a good AMFMCassette install & don't want my wires cut.
under $300-

Would a place like Circut city or Best buy be OK or should I go the more independant radio shop route?

I would say head to the independent stores. Not only do they carry better equipment, but the USUALLY have sales people that have a clue. If you have a budget of $300 for a head, then you can get some very nice stuff. Stay away from all the really cheap stuff and then just find one that has features you like and fits your taste visually.

Time for you to go and be a kid in the store and poke buttons and such. :) Seriously, its the only way to find out if you will like the head.

Metra makes an adaptor that allows you to retain the factory plugs for the aftermarket radio. A stereo shop should have them, if not head over to www.partexpress.com I know they have them.

Back