You can type here any text you want

Air bag question about filling

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I'm getting things ready for my first track pass and i'm having an issue with the airbags. The lines are routed through the frame and the air bags are facing up with the spacers installed. Each air bag has it's own line, and valves are installed in back bumper.

Every time I fill them and check the psi with a tire gauge, the next time I check them right after the air pressure is lost. I can fill them, let them sit and check later and the pressure is still there. I just loose all pressure when i check with a gauge. I must be doing something wrong? It's like there is only a small amount of air. Like it's only filling the line? The bag look's inflated in the spring.

Spring is moog 1" lowering spring.

Thanks for any help.

The air bags don't hold much in terms of air volume. Trying to use a tire
guage to check pressure usually results in loosing to much air and having to add more air. I found it
easier to use a hand pump with a guage built into it. Not super accurate
but works better than trying to use a compressor and a tire gauge.

Ok still felt it was loosing too fast. Jacked the car up to relieve the springs and found that I can adjust the air pressure without problems this way. Seems that the bag is under too much pressure with the weight of the vehicle on it and it cannot be adjusted. Any one else ever have this issue?

Back