You can type here any text you want

Air Bag Vs. HR Sway Bar

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Live4Boost

Word
I went to the track the other day and found that both my air bags had holes in them. I never thought much of them to tell you the truth but without them I could not hook the car to save my life. I started with MT drag radials that usually hook great for me and spun them bad. I even put slicks on for a run and spun them. I have heard great things about HR's bar and have heard that that eliminates the need for air bags all together. Wondering if anyone has first hand experience with this and put the bar on and no longer uses bags.

Thanks,
BOb

H & R

I have first hand data on going from two air bags to the H & R bar and all i can say is: It's awsome!!!! It helped dramatically with the handling, traction, launching. Awsome to say the least!! You won't be disapointed....

Scot w.

I have first hand data on going from two air bags to the H & R bar and all i can say is: It's awsome!!!! It helped dramatically with the handling, traction, launching. Awsome to say the least!! You won't be disapointed....

Scot w.

Thanks for the info, I think this is the route I am going to take.

Bob

Where can I get it and how much does it cost?

Check with brian at gbodyparts. he can get the h&r set up I am pretty sure the kit is just under 500.00 . he also sells the spohn set up and i think its about 100.00 cheaper. I dont know anybody that used one yet but it looks the same as the h&r set up. good luck

I'll second that about the HRParts bar...had 2 air bags...then 1...installed the bar...no need for air bags...car launches nice and straight/level...

Some people run them to keep the tire off the quarter pannel. Be sure you have the clearence or when you launch, it will dig into the quarter pannel lip. With the HR Bar you should not have this problem because it keeps the car straight. I personally run the upper sway bar with trick springs. Ride is a little stiffer but works well!

Check with brian at gbodyparts. he can get the h&r set up I am pretty sure the kit is just under 500.00 . he also sells the spohn set up and i think its about 100.00 cheaper. I dont know anybody that used one yet but it looks the same as the h&r set up. good luck

The H&R bar is tubular. Maybe why this bar cost more than the others.
"1.25" (.250 wall) 4130 Aircraft Quality Chromoly tubular swaybar (heat treated for lasting performance)"

Spohn Performance, Inc.
"Our bar stock is 1-5/16" solid 4140 heat treated spring grade chrome moly steel."

BMR Fabrication Inc. I would guess its solid.

Back