Air conditioning...

i converted from r12 to r134a couple weeks ago.

blows cold ac stays on all the time ( no cycling) and the kit from kragen was $34 :biggrin:

HC-12a, etc...

I just read the U.S.EPA Alternatives/SNAP, dated 3/29/06. It states, unless I'm reading it wrong, that HC-12a, OZ-12, Duracool 12a, etc, are not acceptable substitutes. Hot Shot/Kar Kool, Freeze 12, Free Zone/RB-276, etc are. Does anyone know the story behind this?

I had my system converted to 134a last summer at a shop here in Georgia. It cost me $700.00 bucks, which included a new compressor, condensor, etc. At first I thought it was not working properly because it did not get cool as fast as R12. But to be honest I was trying to cool a ttop car in 90+ degree heat. So after having the air temp at the vent checked, forcing the repair shop to re-evacuate the system and charge everything again I had the same problem. So I ended up buying ttop shades from GBody parts. That helped immensely, and now after driving the car for 5-10 min It is nice and cool. I am thinking about tinting the windows which should help keep it cool also. An added bonus is with the 134a I can recharge the system myself and save some $$.