air temp sensor

1kwick6

can you relocate the air temp sensor(the one just in front of the maf sensor)to anywhere in the air inlet as long as it is in front of maf sensor by just extending the wires or does it need to be close to maf sensor. reason for question is installing a cold air system and using my old k-n air filter and the ats is installed in the throat of the k-n filter,don't want to buy a new filter;or cut a hole in my new system, unless i have to ,but wires are not long enough , just wanted some opinions.

There are a few places that make extender cables that will have your ATS in the same spot in the K&N. Pete Tomka is one of the guys. Give him a call. I know he will sell you parts of his kit if that is the only thing you need.

1kwick6 said:
can you relocate the air temp sensor(the one just in front of the maf sensor)to anywhere in the air inlet as long as it is in front of maf sensor by just extending the wires or does it need to be close to maf sensor. reason for question is installing a cold air system and using my old k-n air filter and the ats is installed in the throat of the k-n filter,don't want to buy a new filter;or cut a hole in my new system, unless i have to ,but wires are not long enough , just wanted some opinions.

You can put it about anywhere, the corrections it's used for, are only for extreme temps..