You can type here any text you want

alcohol jet size

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

incharge

I have a DIY kit and I am using a nitrous type fan nozzle what size jet should I use to get the max spray from a single nozzle? I was getting a little knock at the top of 3rd gear and the motor needs more alcohol and I can not read the size jet that is in there now. Thanks for any help

incharge said:
I have a DIY kit and I am using a nitrous type fan nozzle what size jet should I use to get the max spray from a single nozzle? I was getting a little knock at the top of 3rd gear and the motor needs more alcohol and I can not read the size jet that is in there now. Thanks for any help

I like .035. I've gone as big as .061. My pump max is ~65 psi.

It depends on your pump pressure, turbo size, etc.

You might best go to a machine shop, motorcycle shop or maybe the hardware store with the jet and find out what size it is.

I run 2, .034 NOS fan spray jets with my car. 80 psi pump. NOS jets do not seem to have the best spray pattern so you may be better off using 2 jets rather than 1.

Steve

Steve Y said:
It depends on your pump pressure, turbo size, etc.

You might best go to a machine shop, motorcycle shop or maybe the hardware store with the jet and find out what size it is.

I run 2, .034 NOS fan spray jets with my car. 80 psi pump. NOS jets do not seem to have the best spray pattern so you may be better off using 2 jets rather than 1.

Steve
I have the sure flow pump cranked to the max and the turbo is a pt52 what about the m15 nozzles are they better then the NOS nozzles? The car ran great at the track with a big mix of c-16 and 25# boost 10.85 at 125.6 but got knock at the end of track and popped a head gasket . I fixed the gasket and now want to feed more methanol.

I don't know what M15 nozzles are but probabably anything is better than NOS nozzles.
I suspect the Sure-Flow pump has a lot more pressure than what I run.

If you run C-16, then give it more C-16.
Or, maybe bring on another alcohol nozzle when 3rd gear is detected.

Steve

incharge said:
I have the sure flow pump cranked to the max and the turbo is a pt52 what about the m15 nozzles are they better then the NOS nozzles? The car ran great at the track with a big mix of c-16 and 25# boost 10.85 at 125.6 but got knock at the end of track and popped a head gasket . I fixed the gasket and now want to feed more methanol.

If you run C16, why did it knock? Especially when adding alcohol on top of it. The alky is cooling the charge.. it will possibly add a little octane.. but the question is why did it knock.

Big difference running pump gas and running c16 with alcohol.

Think you need to check your tuneup or look as to why.. Could your DIY system have cuased/contributed to what happened.. I dont know, cant answer that.

When you start cranking the boost on these motors, you need a hightened sense of awareness.. especially when the mod level is high.. else your going to get really good with a TQ wrench.

Your ET and MPH is doable easily without the C16 on pump gas. But your alky layout and tune has to be dead on nuts.

Go with the m15 and get away from the nos nozzle. I had one in my sy and when I changed to the m15 it worked alot better. The nos nozzle is designed to work with 800-900 psi not 65-140 psi. It wont atomize right. and could be causing the knock by drounding out the spark. Also at the level you are at might think about a second nozzle.

O.K. I was able to look at the direct scan after the run at the track and we seen that the tps was reading like 2.5 at WOT during the run and I think that the tps enhancer must be going bad, would this cause knock??also should I go with the dual nozzle setup? what size nozzles?? and thanks for all the help from every one....

Razor said:
If you run C16, why did it knock? Especially when adding alcohol on top of it. The alky is cooling the charge.. it will possibly add a little octane.. but the question is why did it knock.

Big difference running pump gas and running c16 with alcohol.

Think you need to check your tuneup or look as to why.. Could your DIY system have cuased/contributed to what happened.. I dont know, cant answer that.

When you start cranking the boost on these motors, you need a hightened sense of awareness.. especially when the mod level is high.. else your going to get really good with a TQ wrench.

Your ET and MPH is doable easily without the C16 on pump gas. But your alky layout and tune has to be dead on nuts.

Get rid of the TPS enhancer. I have to be careful on what to say to get rid off.. put the car as close to GM electrically wise as possible. Thats all I can say.

Run a pressure test on your alky pump. There is no other way. And start to change over to the mist nozzle.

The NOS nozzles are designed for a "gas" not fluid. The gas at 1000 PSI is what makes the fluid portion atomize.

Look at your INJ DC on direct scan and see if it dropped.. right when the TPS was reading 2.5.. if it did.. the motor leaned out.. and you have your culprit. Hell of a lesson huh?

Razor said:
Get rid of the TPS enhancer. I have to be careful on what to say to get rid off.. put the car as close to GM electrically wise as possible. Thats all I can say.

Run a pressure test on your alky pump. There is no other way. And start to change over to the mist nozzle.

The NOS nozzles are designed for a "gas" not fluid. The gas at 1000 PSI is what makes the fluid portion atomize.

Look at your INJ DC on direct scan and see if it dropped.. right when the TPS was reading 2.5.. if it did.. the motor leaned out.. and you have your culprit. Hell of a lesson huh?

O.K. thanks for the help .. How much are your nozzles and what size do you recommend for a dual system?

1) You'll need to tell me how much pressure your running. This has to be verified with a pressure guage and a nozzle on the end of it.

2) If your wanting to do it on pump gas or just for cooling with race gas.

3) I need to the flow capability of your system. How big the feed and pressure hoses are.

4) What are you going to do to control bogging. Ie, make a staged setup? You wont be able and have lots of volume all of a sudden shot in.. This goes back to question 2.

5) Nozzles with elbows, -4 adapters, sealing washers are 15.00 each. Contact me off list for business/pricing questions.

I would love to run on only 93 pump gas but I currently have not been able to go past 20# of boost without knock ,the pressure is unknown until I rig up a gauge,now for the turn on point I am using a Hobb,s switch set at 15#of boost and It does not bog at all,I guess my pt52 turbo spools up fast enough to handle the alcohol. The feed line is 3/8 and the pressure line is 1/8

My old buddy Julio might disagree but if you have a cam that makes more cylinder pressure at a lower rpm, you may benefit from running 18 degrees or close, like I run. My boost is always 25-26psi with a TA63 stock appearing and a bone stock motor.
Last I heard pump gas burns faster than race gas and can make power with less timing :)

I know guys run more timing and tend to get away with murder on pump gas and alcohol, but that isn't always the case with every car.

I wouldn't rely on the KR that you see on a scantool, I would get a knock beeper which, if functioning correctly, will show reality.

Steve

incharge said:
I would love to run on only 93 pump gas but I currently have not been able to go past 20# of boost without knock ,

I run upwards of 27 PSI, 24.5 degree's timing, nitrous.. on pump gas.. look at the post a few days ago.. 106 in the 1/8 with over 20% converter slip..

Sumthens up.. either your tuneup is off, your pump is not working/setup correctly, or the motor hates the nitrous nozzles. The fact your not bogging means you aint spraying enough. No offense, the 52 is a baby turbo.

Steve.. its hard giving tech on other peoples chips.. giving tech on a DIY alky system is the same. 20 PSI is lame on alky.. 18 degree's arc welds aluminum heads.. remember.. the higher the timing, the lower the egt.. watch that aluminum ;)

No offence taken ,everyone that has seen the car has said the same thing ,(your turbo is to small) and that was the first thing that I was going to replace, BUT how can I when the first past ever at the track it rips off a 10.85 on 25#of boost and a big mix of C-16 and with no bog, lag, and that was off the foot brake. now that I have replaced the head gaskets with RJC head gaskets I might try a little more boost and more alcohol and we'll see how how far the little PT52 can take me. I 'am definitly going to try the dual m15 nozzles...

Your margin of error decreases the stronger the HG. In other words, mistakes wont blow the HG anymore.. but something else.

Items like that TPS deal can now cost you a motor instead of a few hours with a TQ wrench.

Twin 15's at 130-150 PSI will get the alky feed done. See if you dont bog on that :wink:

Razor said:
Your margin of error decreases the stronger the HG. In other words, mistakes wont blow the HG anymore.. but something else.

Items like that TPS deal can now cost you a motor instead of a few hours with a TQ wrench.

Twin 15's at 130-150 PSI will get the alky feed done. See if you dont bog on that :wink:

ya, your right the tps enhancer is gone and I will be watching knock a lot closer. :biggrin:

Back