Alcohol pump dead?

i wish i had a bad ground, but its not that. already checked. weather is pretty crappy here now so this topic will be dead for a few days

Could of called today again..

Your post was during the day :confused:

Some thinking..

You have a power injection bulb with the system. It will intensify as the boost comes up. This will let you know if the map sensor is working or not without a doubt. Also this tests the driver in my controller.

Also you didnt mention if the "turnon" LED was firing at 4 PSI boost. These two tests can confirm the MAP sensor.

And make sure the purple/violet wire hasnt been grounded by accident. This will stop the controller from increasing its output.

So if the power injection bulb goes from dim to bright as the boost comes up.. and you still have no alcohol output. The pump is shot.

Why??? Dont know. But as soon as you send it back I will :)

I can send you another pump out as soon as you call. Or if you dont want/cant call, send your pump back, i'll swap it out for you.

Then disect it and post why it happened. I havent had any bum pumps yet so i'm really curious. And know you been playing with mixing. Shouldnt affect it :confused: but wont know till I have it.

Hope this post helps.

Your move ;)

yes i could have called. my post was made on campus during classes. stop sweatin me!!!!!!!! ;) . just kidding. i know you are very eager to help your loyal customers out.

the "turnon" LED is turning on at 4-5psi and i never noticed the power injection bulb increase with boost. i try to concentrate on not slamming into the stang next to me. i did notice that the power injection bulb is brighter depending on where the gain knob is set and hitting the test button. and i checked the violet wire and it is where it should be.

this whole situation is just very strange. the pump was "dead" until i disconnected all the alky lines and put them back. then the pump was sparying when i jumped the MAP and was working for a few seconds with the test button and water in the tank. switched to alky and the test button stopped spraying alky. tomorrow after class i will fill my tank with distilled water again and see what happens.

i will see if the test button sprays the alky and see if jumping the MAP still sprays alky. well if jumping the MAP still sprays alky, then i probably shouldnt send the pump out, right?

damnit, ill call you tomorrow. :cool: