You can type here any text you want

alcohol storage?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

EclipseTurbo

I have this red gas container I got from walmart.

I put my methanol in there, when I open the cap after a day it will give a big "psssh". Why is that?

Also when I used this container to store gasoline, it was almost empty and I kept it in my shed, few months later I open it and it made the venting sound and I could pour out noticably more liquid that seems to be water? I was wondering if my container somehow draw in water or what?

Put a blow off valve on it
:eek:

Vapor.. just the same reason you shouldnt inhale it :rolleyes:

Just like when you eats lots of beans.. :D

As for the water...over a period of time, heating/cooling of ambient air can cause condensation formation (especially when the container is less than full, therefore leaving a "layer" of moisture-laden air at the top). That's why pilots are trained to ALWAYS "top off" fuel tanks after flights if the aircraft is going to be sitting for a time. Sump petcocks designed for that very purpose...checking for/draining water during pre-flight inspections. Amazing how much can accumulate under certain conditions. As a result I never got the urge to "experiment" with that type of "water injection" on my plane. :D
Sorry...started rambling there....TMI

Back