Winter storage for alky system???

PaulRV6

Just wanted to see what you guys do for the preparation for winter storage on the alcohol system. In the past I have run water thru the pump and nozzle and let it go at that but didn't know if that was ok or should I do more? Thanks

I've just been flushing it with washer fluid and leaving it in until spring. Haven't had a issue. Been on the car for 3 years. I'm paranoid about it freezing.

I’ve never done a thing I am in the NY area and I’ve had the same pump on the car for 5 years.I test it constantly with Julio’s test kit I bought years back.

I've just been flushing it with washer fluid and leaving it in until spring. Haven't had an issue. Been on the car for 3 years. I'm paranoid about it freezing.
Yep. Pump out all the alky and put in just enough of the blue stuff to start pumping thru. Then I just filler up with meth come spring. Water alone in there would be keeping me up at night too!

Have you read the pump facts sticky? Lot's of good info. Here's one straight from the horses mouth.
Screenshot_20231216-213649_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231216-213901_Chrome.jpg

I siphon out the M1, add a little washer fluid and use the test kit to circulate the washer fluid through the pump.

I think you guys should look at pump pressure.
More than you think about keeping alcohol based fuels in pumps that wear out when exposed.
And drain out your tanks😉
The pumps are a wear item
That means you should replace/ rebuild when pressure drops.
It's cheap insurance
Especially when you can achieve power on a 93 octabe base.