You can type here any text you want

Aldldroid Knock Retard over 30 at idle

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Another odd reading I get is knock Retard on the ALDL Scan app....at idle 10.2 degrees, rev up the engine in Park and it will read 15 degrees. Take it for a drive and push 15 pounds of boost and it drops to 6 degrees

I had the #1 dip switch in the on (down) position which was causing the odd readings....moved it to off and all is good

Just another note on the scanner...for it to work with aldldroid dip switch 4 needs to be in the off position....for ALDL Scan app it needs to be in the on position.

BTW...is there a sticky anywhere on this product? The thread title doesn't really apply at this point yet there is useful info being shared

There isn't a sticky and probably will never be because 1320electronics is not a vendor on this board. The vendor defendors came out of the data buss when I first posted about this scan tool. Anyone needing help can message me anytime. I worked with John at 1320electronics to work out a few bugs and did an edit on the ADX file that works with the pay app "ALDLdroid". I am also working with John on the next generation of this scanner. It will plug into the ECM and run at the same speed as a power logger but will be wireless/Bluetooth.

Found the perfect spot for my old Nexus 4....
IMG_20150705_224759.jpg

I purchased the 1320electronics scanner too, it should ship here this week. I like how slick it looks mounted there, Haydenm23. You gotta admit it looks a lot more modern than a Scanmaster box hanging around. I've been using Torque Pro with a generic ELM27 OBD2 adapter for a little while now and getting used to understanding some of the bazillion variables it can log, it's helping me understand some of what will be scanned & logged by the 1320electronics device.

Back