You can type here any text you want

Alky install problem green wire

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

m3x1c0

Bad luck Buick
Reinstalling an alky kit that was partially incomplete on my car went through the po's wiring and it appears correct. Problem is that the green wire is sending voltage to the maf sensor which throws my tune way off because my map values are incorrect. (Using a map tuned system) is the green wire supposed to have voltage?

green wire shouldnt change the map setting , are you sure the green wire you are connecting to the map is coming from the green wire at the PAC controller and not some other wire by mistake

Make sure you have the correct wire. The MAFT Pro has a green wire from the unit to the ECM for MAF signal input to the ECM, you do not want that wire. You want the green wire that is supplying the signal from the MAP sensor to the ECM/MAFT Pro, then as mentioned make sure it is going to the PAC input.. The signal varies from 0 to 5v depending on the sensed pressure. The MAP also has a black wire for ground and a red wire for 5v supply. If you have an analog dash, then the sensor is on the passenger side fender support, you can tap it there to make sure you have the correct wire.

would a bad ground wire to the pac have caused this? The ground was barely connected (may not have been) Re-soldered the ground and ran a new signal wire to the PL I/O board and it appears to be working now except for it injecting at 0 boost instead of 6.

would a bad ground wire to the pac have caused this? The ground was barely connected (may not have been) Re-soldered the ground and ran a new signal wire to the PL I/O board and it appears to be working now except for it injecting at 0 boost instead of 6.
what color is the led at zero?

yup red is letting you know pump is building pressure and green is spray....mine is green by 5 ish and this is I believe adjustable in the pac.

HIJACK WARNING!!:D
What wheels are on the car, in your signature??

With the stock 2 bar map the green wire should have 2.5V @ zero boost. A 3 bar MAP should have around 1.7V @ zero boost.

Back