alky not working

garyg

it's been a while since i posted. here is the issue i am having. alky pump does not come on with the test button. while driving after reachin 5 psi red light for alky does not come on, and the green power injection light on the dash does not come on either. tank is full with denatured alcohol, i do not see any leaks. any advice on where to start and what to do?

Sounds like a connection...check your getting power to the unit.

To check if wiring is good go to the pump and disconnect the plug to the pump. Then turn on the key, motor not running, and push the test button. If the green led light comes on then the wiring to the pump/system is good. Otherwise call Julio at Alkycontrol and he will walk you thru it.

it's been a while since i posted. here is the issue i am having. alky pump does not come on with the test button. while driving after reachin 5 psi red light for alky does not come on, and the green power injection light on the dash does not come on either. tank is full with denatured alcohol, i do not see any leaks. any advice on where to start and what to do?

Get back to basics. Start engine.. put gain knob(blue one) on position 8.. push and hold the test button... does the engine stumble? Change idle? LED goes Red? Then goes Green when it stumbles? The power Injection bulb is wired across the red and black pump wires. If the pump is getting voltage, that lamp should illuminate.

If all is quiet.. and you push he test button, you will hear a high pitch squeal from the pump.

If the pump still doesnt work with above... next would be put a meter across the red and black pump wires. You should see 3.5-4.0 volts DC. If you see the 3.5-4 volts.. then the problem is in the pump.

How old is it?

thanks razor, i will try your steps and get back to you. i dont know how old the pump is. I bought this car back in 2006 and it was already installed o the car. never had an issue with it until recently.