You can type here any text you want

Alky on a TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mad Muh

Has anyone put an alcohol system on a TTA. I'm thinking of the SMC kit but can't picture where to mount the tank.

Put it where the canister is now. I originally moved it and put it on its side under the K&N. I have since taken it out of the car.

And it works nicely :)

I assume you are talking about the purge canister? I'm not sure exactly what it's function is. Did it set any computer codes when you removed it?

merle-

the last TTA i had, i sold it to joe reif ( paola kansas) with the smc alky kit-

when i put the smc alky kit on, i took the charcoal cannister and mounted it upside down under the car where it normally is-
i didnt have to drill any holes, and i used one zip tie to mount it near the headlight,.. 13 months later, still works perfectly-

the only mod i had to do was extend the wires for the sensor, and lenghten the hose to make it work---

RED ARMSTRONG says you can unhook it and wont get any codes-

now, my car has the stock maf pipe, and i believe yours has the hard pipe- im not sure if that yours having the hard pipe will make a fitment issue or not-

i have a spare alky bottle that you could try and see if it fits or not with the hard pipe??? its worth a shot right?

try and email me if you have any Q's

Originally posted by Mad Muh
I assume you are talking about the purge canister? I'm not sure exactly what it's function is. Did it set any computer codes when you removed it?
It sets no codes when its removed. Mine has been out for about 6 months now and hasn't coded yet.

Back