Alky pump failure?

GNbythebay

I bought the alky kit from alkycontrol a little over a year ago and the pump is not working it seems like. When I go to test the system the red light comes on but does not turn green. You can hear the pump making some noise but nothing is getting pumped through it. I took off the charge pipe and than jumped the wires to turn on the pump and you can hear it trying to pump but nothing is getting shot out. Any suggestions on what I should do? The actual pump itself is not leaking but my car was sitting for half a year without use. Not sure if that info can help.

Sent from my iPhone

How long did you run it? When they sit for long periods of time it can take several seconds for it to start pumping again.

Pull the line off the nozzle and stick it in the tank. Turn the alky control all the way up. Hold the button until it starts pumping.

How long did you run it? When they sit for long periods of time it can take several seconds for it to start pumping again.

Pull the line off the nozzle and stick it in the tank. Turn the alky control all the way up. Hold the button until it starts pumping.
I ran it for 30+ seconds at times and still nothing. I know it’s getting power because I double checked all that and like I said you can hear it trying to pump.

You may have a leak that you can't see. Alky evaporates very quickly or the filter may be clogged. Worst case is you send it to Julio to be serviced.

Do yourself a favour and buy another pump. Not worth the risk. Alky is very corrosive. If it's sits in the pump long enough, the corrosion it leaves inside the pump is the problem. If you take apart the pump, you will see white corrosion on top of the armature that has basically seized the pump. Been in that same position myself a couple of years ago. Now if you know you are not going to be using it. Drain the alky out, put windshield washer fluid in, take off the line to the nozzle on the up pipe and put it in a jug or bucket, then hit the prime button and and get the windshield washer fluid circulating through the system. This will preserve your pump when not in use.