You can type here any text you want

Alky?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I just have aem progressive kit. Do you dilute that or run it straight?
Contact AEM. They know whats best to use on their system.

Using nylon tubing and that kit.. 50/50 is the max due to fire hazard reasons.

E85 is loosely 85% ethanol (ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol), 15% gasoline, plus a little bit of "denaturing" additive to keep people from drinking it.
I think the 15% gasoline is enough to keep most people from drinking it. The ethanol in E85 is exactly the kind we drink when we drink rum.It's not denatured. This is why it smell exactly like rum. It is.

I think the 15% gasoline is enough to keep most people from drinking it. The ethanol in E85 is exactly the kind we drink when we drink rum.It's not denatured. This is why it smell exactly like rum. It is.
Not likely. First, rum is made from sugar cane or molasses.
If what you say is true, one could buy a gallon of E85, thoroughly mix in water to dissolve the alcohol out and leave behind the gasoline on top (much like E85 testers do). Then distill the ethanol out of the water/ethanol solution and sell moonshine. The ethanol in E85 is denatured to prevent people from doing this. Feel free to try it!

Thanks alot guys alot of good info thanks for all your help and i think ill have to take a pass on drinking e85 lol

i've used the minus 40 window washer (non detergent) which seems to work almost as good as the meth when i need to.

Iv been to 2 Home Depot here and neither had it
It is not easy to find up here and when I did it was very expensive. I found it at the stores that supplied for wood working like Lee Valley and Mr. Plywood. If your pump can handle it go with good old gas line antifreeze (Methyl Hydrate) it's cheap and you can find it everywhere.

Iv have been using a 50/50 mix of methyl hydrate but I was told denatured alky works best just can't seem to find it I guess my goal of this post is to either find denatured alky in southern ont or find out if there's somthing better to use then methyl hydrate

I'm in guelph. Ok so am i understanding this right then I should jut stick to using mythal hydrate rather then looking to denatured alky and if so am I right by doing a 50/50 mix with distilled water or dose it work better straight or should I use less water?

I'm in guelph. Ok so am i understanding this right then I should jut stick to using mythal hydrate rather then looking to denatured alky and if so am I right by doing a 50/50 mix with distilled water or dose it work better straight or should I use less water?

Depends on your system but most prefer to run straight methanol. Do you have to add lube to your alky or can you run it straight?

Back